Q:CoVid 19 - how does it impact my ceremony?
A: Please refer to the "CoVid19" page.

Q: I would like you to officiate at my celebration - how do I contact you?

A: Please refer to the "contact " page for all my contact details.

Q: What sort of ceremonies do you perform?

A: Marriages, Funerals, Renewal of Vows, Name Givings, This is Your Life Celebrations, Birthday Celebrations, Scattering of Ashes any ceremony at all.

Q. We don't want to get married - can we register my domestic relationship?

A. By registering a domestic relationship, you and your partner gain the dignity of formal recognition of your relationship and the security of knowing that your commitment to each other is recognised and respected in Victoria.

A standard relationship certificate provides conclusive evidence of you and your partner's relationship, making it easier for you to access your legal rights without having to prove your relationship repeatedly in court. The certificate also means that you will not need any further evidence that your relationship exists for other official purposes.

Registration of your domestic relationship under the Relationships Act 2008 is also recognised for Commonwealth legislation purposes

Q: Can I have a surprise marriage?

A: A surprise marriage is permitted providing BOTH parties have completed a Notice of Intended Marriage form - two witnesses over the age of 18 will be required to witness your ceremony and to witness your marriage certificates. You are not permitted to arrange a surprise for either of the marrying parties, you may however, surprise the guests!

Q: When do I pay for the ceremony?

A: If you are arranging a wedding - a 50% non - refundable deposit is required at the time of submitting the Notice of Intended Marriage - the balance of the fee is due 7 days before the ceremony (usually at the time of the rehearsal). Other ceremonies are required to be paid in full at the first consultation.

Q: If the ceremony does not go ahead- do I receive a refund?

A: Generally the answer is "No" - the date and time have specifically been set aside for you. Exceptional circumstances will of course be considered differently.

Q: What is the Notice of Intended Marriage form & what is time frame for submitting the NOIM?

A: Notice of Intended Marriage form is a document declaring your intent to marry - this form must be received by me no more that 18 months prior to your wedding date and absolutely no less than 1 month prior to your wedding.

Q: Do I need to provide you with any other documents other than the Notice of Intended Marriage form?

A: Yes. Passports that have not been cancelled (expired is acceptable). If you do not have passports, you will require Original Birth Certificates (If you have changed your name - a Change of Name Certificate will need to be produced) and Photographic Proof of Identification (drivers license).

If you have been married and are no longer married you will need to produce evidence how the marriage ended. In the case of divorce - a divorce order and - in the case of death, a death certificate.

All documents must be originals.

Q: How do I obtain my original birth certificate?

A: If you were born in Australia - contact Births Deaths and Marriages in your state to request a copy.

Q: I cannot produce a birth certificate or a passport - what can I do?

A: If you don't have a passport and you were born overseas and you cannot provide a birth certificate you will need to supply a statutory declaration witnessed by a qualified person. This statutory declaration must declare your birth date and birth place - it must also include details of your parents and the reason why it is impossible for you to produce a birth certificate.
If you were born in Australia - contact the state you were born in and request a copy of your birth certificate.

Q: What are the certificates that are signed at the time of marriage?

A: Three certificates are signed
  1. A marriage certificate that is forwarded to the office of Births Deaths and Marriages, this is the registered copy.
  2. A marriage certificate that is presented to the married couple, this proves that you married, however it does not provide conclusive evidence of identity and you may be asked to produce a registered copy.
  3. A certificate that is retained by the celebrant, once again this copy is not registered by Births Deaths and Marriages and is for record keeping purposes only.
Q: How do I change my name after I am married?

A: You will need to apply to the Births Deaths and Marriages office in the state that you married and apply for your marriage certificate. On receipt of this certificate you will be able to approach the relevant entities to change your details, for example - your passport.

Q: Do I have to change my name when I get married?

A: No you may continue to use your current name. You may change your name anytime after marriage or not at all. Some brides add their married name to their maiden name by inserting a hyphen for example Black - White. Name change is a very personal thing so take your time in making that decision.

Q: Can couples change their names during a commitment ceremony?

A: The short answer is "No". However, to change your name officially, contact Births Deaths and Marriages in your state and ask how best to go about changing your name.

Q: Can I choose my own funeral celebrant?

A: Yes you can. Your funeral director may make recommendations, however the decision is yours. Your funeral director will gladly contact the celebrant of your choice.


A non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of booking - the deposit will secure your date.

The balance of payment is due in the week before your ceremony.

Refund Policy:

In the event that cancellation is initiated by me, you will receive a refund.
In the event where a cancellation is initiated by you - the deposit is non-refundable.
If the account has been paid in full, a partial refund may be considered.

Please note the following before any refund will be considered
Was a reasonable cancellation time frame allowed. (If I am able to secure another booking for the date that you are cancelling, the chances of refund will be greater)
How much work has been dedicated to the ceremony (many hours of behind the scenes work is happening of which you may not be aware)
The reason for cancelling.

I am more than happy to transfer to another date if my schedule allows.